Thursday, April 30, 2009

Inductive Bible Study: Step 2

Alright, fellas, this has already turned from a weekly post to an-almost-two-week-post, post. You men need to hold me to this, that is your job, I formally give it to you. Email me at sppowers@iglide.net to remind me.

Now for some accountability back at ya. Have you been praying with your wives? Men, Pam and I have been having some sweet fellowship in just a few minutes of prayer, don't miss out on this. Have you been using your notes on bible study and applying them to studying Titus 2? I'm counting on y'all to teach me next Iron Sharpeners meeting.

Now for step two in the inductive bible study method. This is real simple, folks. Even more simple then the first step. Are you ready? Here it is-read.

Read the verse, chapter or book-whatever you are studying-at least three times. If you are studying just one verse, I recommend reading the whole chapter, at least once, then read the verse three times.

To summarize the first two steps: first, pray, second, read. Men, start on Titus two verses 1-7. Anyone else reading this can start wherever they wish. If you don't know where to begin, the gospel of John is always a great place to go.

Give it a shot and have fun. God will begin to show you things and give insight where you never thought it possible. God bless.

Scott

No comments: