Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pray With Your wife

Men, let me tell you something. I have been praying with my wife for two whole days! I know, this doesn't seem like a great accomplishment, and it really isn't. After I have prayed with her every day for a whole month, then we'll talk.

However, I wanted to share with you the feeling of joy in my heart that I have experienced the last two days. I feel tremendously blessed to have prayed with my wife. I feel closer to her already. I can't wait to go to work and call her at 8:00 as I stated that I would do. I just know that my days will be perfect and never have another trial....NOT! But, when those trials come, and they will, I know that I can face them stronger, willingly and for the glory of God. All because my wife and I prayed.

Here is something that I picked up that can help you pray with and for, your wife. I purpose to pray this for my wife tomorrow (Monday). Pray that she is a woman of contentment and joy and that her mind would first seek the Kingdom of God and that she is far from covetousness. Some scriptures to go along with it: Heb. 13:5; 1 Tim 6:8; Matt6:31-33.

Men, I want you to hold me to this. I also challenge you to do the same.

Scott

1 comment: