Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dear parents of Unit 40 men,
My name is Corrie Pendergast and I am the wife of your son's Commanding Officer in Basic Training. It is a joy for me to serve along side my husband and to lift up his hands in the hard times that Basic Training brings during these nine weeks. It isn't always an easy arena, but it is certainly where the Lord has called my husband and our family. Keon's vision and heart for the men who are under him are an example to many, and he gladly lays down his life for them. Thank you for the many who I know lift him up in prayer every day!
My husband asked if I would write and let you all know that the men of Unit 40 and their leadership have now started out on probably the hardest thing that the men have to do in Basic. They all left this morning (Wednesday) and headed for Oklahoma. They have camped out tonight and will begin tomorrow morning at about six o'clock their 50-mile, 24 Hour Hike. It certainly is a challenging hike, even for my husband and the leadership men that have done it before, but from all I ever hear after the fact, it is one of the most growing times for the men in their relationships with the Lord. They are pushed beyond their limits and the Lord is the ONLY one that can give them the strength for completing that hike. Please be in prayer for all of the men -- and until Friday around 6:00 AM -- for the Lord to be their "refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble." Sometimes it is through the intense pain of life that we learn the most!
We look forward to meeting each of you in just a couple of weeks! May the Lord's richest blessings be on you.
Prayerfully for the men of Unit 40,
Mrs. Corrie Pendergast
Wife of Capt. Keon Pendergast


Please pray for Jed during this time, especially, as he is struggling a bit. Pastor asked specifically for prayer that Jed would cry out to the Lord during this time and that Jed would lean upon Him.

No comments: