Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thinking Ahead For Sunday School

Hi there. This is your semi qualified, pseudo-Sunday School teacher (I really should say "fellow student") Scott Powers.

This seems like old hat to me. We have a family blog here at blog spot you can check out at: www.cedarcovefarm.blogspot.com I thank Robin for inviting me to contribute here. I really think this could be a great thing to help the people of our church stay connected. Robin had a good idea today in Sunday School, that I should share with you all what we will be talking about next week. This will give you the chance to read ahead, come up with questions, insight and general discussion. Truly, I think it could go a long way to enhance our time together.

I want you all to know, that I have come to enjoy our class. We fit together and seem to have connected in a way that seems intimate. I love and appreciate all of you, and encourage you to continue keeping me on my toes.

So, here is the list of verses to read for next week. Read them, study them and be ready. (Of course you know that this will make me work harder, don't you!) Go easy on me! (Kidding)

Read the following, keeping in mind that we will be talking about the progressive revelation concerning the Holy Spirit:
Zechariah 12:10
Luke 11:13
John 14:16-17
John 20:22
Acts 2:1-4
Acts 8:17; 9:17
Read all of Acts chapter 10, with special attention to verse 44 and 11:15-18
John 3:3-6
1John 5:1
1Cor. 12:12-13; 1John 2:20,27
Eph. 1:13; 4:30

This seems like a lot, I know. This won't take long to read and it is OK if you don't get through it all. Do the best you can and I will see you next Sunday! God bless you all.

No comments: